Hacking is a serious cyber danger that can tarnish the fortunes of businesses and users overnight. When hacked, your system can be misused in the following creepy ways.
- Hacked security cameras and a webcam can be used to watch your activities
- The stolen data and personal feed can be used for blackmailing and extorting money
- There’s always a threat of your personal feed getting leaked online when your computer system is compromised
Moving forward, since cybercrime is rising as the clock ticks, cybersecurity experts and agencies gang up to bring out new innovative technologies that can be used to identify a threat and possibly eliminate it. Some such wonderful tips and strategies that can be used to fix system vulnerabilities are given below.
- Install Password Generating Software
The backdoor password of the DVR is the first area that you should be focusing on when trying to strengthen the system security of your company. Rather than coming up with weak passwords found after birthdays and anniversaries, use a password generating software to come up with something unique. It will help you in the following ways.
- It will reduce the chances of dvr hacked
- It will keep the IoT devices secure
- It will keep the wifi and hence, the router secure
- Install Antivirus Software And Firewall Software
Antivirus software will guard your company against the following dangers.
- Emails containing malicious links filled with malware and viruses
- Phishing websites and spear phishing emails
- Corrupt external devices that contain viruses and malware
A firewall, on the other hand, doubles the security on the gateway to your device. The first protection layer is a strong backdoor password and the second is a firewall.
- Install Software Updates
Did you know that software of all kinds develop bugs overtime? Which is why an unkempt and obsolete software becomes a major threat to the security of a system – it contains bugs that hackers can use to get access within the security system. Therefore, be careful about the following things.
- Never keep unkempt old software in your system for long
- Do not use a pirated version of any software
- Never forget to install software updates
- Find Ethical Hackers
Whilst unethical hackers feed on system vulnerabilities to steal data, ethical hackers, on the other hand, identify those vulnerabilities and fix them so that unethical hackers cannot use those loopholes to hijack any company. So, having them onboard, working for you as a part of your cybersecurity team is a rather smart move.